Friday, April 25, 2008

New Bedding!



As those of you who know me know I am really into interior design. One thing is I have had tons of challenges on my bedroom. It is always last on my list to do. I always feel like its a big challenge but I finally got it all worked out. I think. I made these curtains and headboard a couple of years ago and had the hardest time getting my color scheme to work. This is the solution I came up with. I love it. Also my first big sewing project that wasn't a skirt or apron. Which I love to make. I made the bed skirt. Crazy huh. I couldn't believe it either. I had to make it because the stores did not carry one long enough for my new lifted bed (for storage I had to get the risers). This is only the beginning to my design firm.

8 comments:

Farley Smiles said...

Very impressive, I especially love the pillows!

Kate said...

Wow... very chic.

thepainterfamily said...

you MADE the headboard, AND curtains, AND bedskirt!!! That is just so very very cool! It all turned out beautiful! I love looking at stuff like this! Especially hearing the "behind the scenes" details of real life decor! I hope you post more of your projects! :)

nickel... said...

I AM SO IMPRESSED! This is so perfect for you because you and your sister have always been Dripping with style!

It's beautiful! I can't wait to see what more is to come from Yanery Design, Inc!

Janelle said...

So, is this your new place? When/Why/How did you move? Fill me in!

Emily Anne said...

It looks fantastic! Way to go. One of these days I'm going to make bedding, etc. For now I will stick to clothes.

Laura's Linoleum said...

Lovely! It sorta shimmers -- eye catching!

John and Stef said...

Hello!! I love the bedding, you have great taste! I wish you would come for a visit soon and beautify my house! :)